How Geotagging 50,000 sports facilities will help public play sports?
Sports Authority of India plans to execute geotagging and survey of approximately 50,000 sports fields across India within a period of 2 years.
Khelo India online platform plans to layout information and give access to the general public of private & public sports facilities such as Archery, Athletics, Badminton, Basketball, Boxing, Football, Gymnastics, Hockey, Judo, Kho-Kho, Kabaddi, Shooting, Swimming, Table Tennis, Tennis, Volleyball, Weightlifting, Wrestling, and/or any other sporting discipline.
These playfields will consist of outdoors or indoors playing arenas anywhere in India that offer the facilities for use by general public upon payment of fee which means field or space (natural or artificial), indoor or outdoor, whether Government, State, Private or PSU used for playing sports .
It doesn’t include the following:
1. Vacant Plots
2. Gym including open
3. Private Field not open to public with or without cost such as Residential Societies, Sports facility maintained by private person for personal use, Agricultural Fields /Farm Land Bio Diversity Parks, Open Field on Flood Plains.
What is Geotagging?
Geotagging is the process of adding geographic coordinates to photos, videos, websites, text messages, and QR codes on the location of a mobile device.
The digital photograph of each playfield will be taken ( 4 photographs) capturing details such as Field of Play (FOP) and will also include amenities like audience sitting gallery.
Also details of the coaches will be collected attached with the facility like Name, contact details and email ID of the coaches and Sports discipline of the respective coaches.
Why is Geotagging of sports infrastructure imperative?
1. Mass participation of sports.
2. Promotion of excellence of sports.
3. Part and support of ”Khelo India — National Programme for Development of Sports” and one of the twelve components of the Khelo India Scheme is ”Playfield Development”.
4. It will help create a national inventory of playfields and sports infrastructure on a platform for better utilization by general public.
5. Geotagging of sports facilities will provide helpful insight into popularity of sports in regions.
6. By using geotags to analyze where and how of the sports facilities, it will provide specialized regional messaging and offering.
7. Provide insight into foot traffic that can be used for planning and analysis for development and managing sports facilities.
8. Comparison of geotags data of multiple years will give insights about the real time on-field sports development/construction/maintenance.
9. Enhanced User base experience.
10. Gathering coaches information should help to manage and allocate the coaches as per the demand and popularity of sports.
The data will reflect on the web portal and mobile application on real time basis.
23states and UT’s will be covered under geotagging program.
1.UT of Jammu and Kashmir
2.UT of Ladakh
22.UTs of Dadra and Nagar Haveli
23.Daman And Diu
Geotagging of sports facilities has been in the focus in recent years. Such programs require optimum infrastructure & resources to sustain and make an impact. This program will be one of the contributing factors to impact mass participation and help in the promotion of the level of sports through easy accessibility of information about sports facilities.
We spread the love of sports to every field and heart with digital innovations and infrastructure solutions to grassroots and professional sports organizations.